Wednesday, June 10, 2009


My favourite piece of art is “The Last Judgement” by Michelangelo. It is located in the altr wall of the Sistine Chapel, in Vatican City. The painting is a fresco, meaning that it was painted using this technicque; it looks like more “wet” and real than other paintings. This technichque was very common on Renaissance.

Michelangelo was a renaissance painter, sculptor, architect, poet and engineer, he ir the author of many piece of arts such as many frescoes of the Sistine Chapel, David, Pietá, and he was also the architect of Saint Peter’s Basilisca.

Long time ago I heard about it but I wasn’t interested. Then I had the opportunity to travel to Vatican City and when I saw it I felt very impressed because it is really amazing.

I like it because of what it represents: it shows important eclesiastic people in the “purgatory”, the judgement that sends you to heaven or hell. Even if you are not catholic you can see the beauty of “The Last Judgement”.

1 comment:

  1. This *technique* was very common *in the* Renaissance.

    Use spell-check, Sebastian!

    ReplyDelete